To the coalition agreement of the new cabinet we will provisionally derive the following plans in terms of tax:
- Starting in 2019, introducing two-disc system IB / LB with a basic rate of 36.93% and a top rate of 49.5%. The point of application of the top rate (€ 68,507 in 2018) will be frozen;
- Increase of the general tax credit by approximately € 350 in 2021 and an increase in the employed person’s tax credit;
- The discount for the elderly is increased by € 160. At the same time, there will be a gradual income-dependent reduction;
- The fixed rate in the income-dependent combination discount goes to € 0, the accrual percentage is increased; </ li>
- The transferability of the income-dependent combination tax credit and the employed person’s tax credit will be gradually abolished;
- The entitlement to the employed person’s tax credit and income-related combination tax credit in the case of ZW benefits paid to benefit recipients without an employment contract is abolished;
- The notional rental value will be reduced from 2020 onwards
- The ‘no or limited home debt’ scheme (Wet Hillen) will be phased out over the next 20 years (In my opinion we are on our way to relocate our own home to Box3);
- The mortgage interest deduction will be reduced from 3% to the base rate in annual steps from 2020 onwards.
- The tax deductible item for training costs is replaced by an individual learning account for all Dutch citizens who have obtained a basic qualification;
Box 2 fare goes to 27.3% in 2020 and to 28.5% in 2021 Especially DGAs of companies with a lot of reserves that have ever paid 25% VPB over there later pay the high AB rate of 28.5%?
In box 3 the plan is to connect faster to the actual return on savings (we will see). The tax-free allowance is increased to € 30,000 per person. A system of capital yield tax based on actual return is worked out;
DGA: After evaluating the current customary wage scheme, the government will examine whether the scheme needs to be adjusted. It examines whether the scheme with regard to payment in shares for start-ups and scale-ups is broadened;
ZZP: The DBA Act will be replaced. LOL was not yet in use. The new law must on the one hand provide assurance that there is no employment and on the other hand prevent false self-employment. For freelancers, it is determined that there is an employment contract at a low rate in combination with a long duration of the agreement or a low rate in combination with the performance of regular business activities. There will be an opt-out for payroll tax and employee insurance for the top of the market. This applies to a high rate in combination with a shorter duration of the contract or a high rate in combination with not performing regular business activities. For self-employed people above the “low” rate, a client statement is introduced that must provide clarity and certainty in advance, and an online form must be filled in. From now on, the authority relationship will be tested more on the basis of “material instead of formal circumstances “? The current enforcement moratorium is phased out.
What will they do with the SME exemption and self-employed deduction? Not much good is my expectation.
- In the context of renewal of the pension system, it will be examined whether the tax framework can only be limited to the pension premium;
- The duration of the 30% ruling is limited from eight to five years;
- The unpaid volunteer allowance goes up from € 1500 to € 1700. So we want more volunteers? Corporate and dividend tax
- The VPB rate goes in steps of 20% and 25% to 16% and 21% per 2021. The extension of the first drive in the VPB from € 200,000 to € 350,000 is reversed. The disk limit therefore remains € 200,000;
- The basis of the VPB is broadened. The deductibility of interest from loan capital is limited. Some existing specific interest deduction restrictions are abolished. This does not involve specific interest deduction restrictions aimed at profit drainage;
- The depreciation of buildings in own use in the VPB is limited to a floor value of 100% of the WOZ value (was 50%);
- The effective rate of the innovation box goes from 5% to 7%;
- The forward settlement of losses in the VPB is limited to six years !!
- In order to tackle tax avoidance, the government argues for the drafting of a black list of non-cooperative jurisdictions and furthermore for an obligation for multinationals to report on their activities in black countries per EU country and country.
- The dividend tax is abolished.
Direct investments in real estate by investment institutions are no longer permitted.
- Increase low VAT rate from 6% to 9%. Good plan will the low incomes especially benefit?